Thursday, March 26, 2009

The First Of The Stitchin' Stories!















So, as I have been spending many hours stalking adorable crafting/decor/mommy blogs on the "interweb", I have had the strong urge to try my hand at applique-ing (is that a word?).



I picked up a few cutely colored baby onesies, found some scrap fabric loners from the Bebe-Leche stock, and bought some "Steam a Seam" web fusing whatchamacallit (don't you just love my ironing board! I do! Thank you TJMaxx!)

Thinking of what random shapes and images to applique onto these darn cute onesies was somewhat difficult. Figuring out how to draw them was even harder! Needless to say, I came up with a simple birdie, a "W" (friends soon-to-arrive baby's initial), and a simple star. Check out the cute little Bebe-Leche booty labels! Too cute.

The wild zig-zagging stitching was a little more difficult than I expected, but by the time the 3rd onesie was complete, I started to get the hang of it. The Steam a Seam stuff was relatively easy
to use. Trace, cut, peel, iron!

And here we have it......

4 comments:

  1. Cute, you are such a creative gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinkin' cute! You should start selling these! I'd buy them! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THose are great! I like the "booty" labels best. :) I thought you made booties too...I was confused until I saw the last picture and then I thought, 'oh, booty. i get it.' lol

    ReplyDelete