Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Faith Like A Child...

I know it has been months since I have last updated. A LOT has happened so I have to take it a little at a time. But, first things first. I had to share the MOST important thing that has happened....

Last week, on February 9th to be exact....Oliver was down for a late nap, so Liam (3 years old) and I were making dinner together. Just the two of us. David had to be at the church, so it was just gonna be us at home. Soaking up every minute of alone time with Liam, we sat at the kitchen table and ate our Bisquick pizza (low on groceries...HAD to be creative!). He was chatty as usual and I was loving every second of it. When I was finished eating, I got up to clear my plate, had my back to Liam, when I heard him say "Hey, Mom?" I turned around and said "Yeah.." Standing up facing me, very seriously he said, "I love God." My heart sank a little and I had to ask "What!? You do?!" He answered very proudly, "Yep, I do. And He's in my heart." At this point, I dropped down to his level, grabbed his shoulders and looked at him with a HUGE smile and started to cry. He grabbed my face and kissed me on the lips. Then he gave me a sheepish grin and made me cry more by saying....."Jesus had to die. He got owies on His hands and feet".

The very moment I have dreamed about and wondered about....how it would happen....when it would happen....when he would semi grasp the idea....had finally arrived. I was overcome with joy and it felt so surreal. Best day of my life. The cute thing was, even while I was crying he normally would grab my face and say "mommy you sad? You crying?" But, this time was different. He knew is was happy tears. He just gave me a proud look and let me cry my tears of joy.

While I understand that he is only 3 and doesn't comprehend the entirety of Jesus' grace and what He's done for us. I truly believe he meant what he said. And somehow in the tiny little 3 year old heart of his, Jesus is residing ;) Cheesy, I know. But I am one happy mama.

He talks about that night often and tells me word for word what he said and what it meant. The other day I asked him if Jesus was still in his heart, he answered "Yes" then I said, "what's He doin in there?" Without skipping a beat he quickly answered "He's eatin lunch". HA! Yep, he's 3.

All this to say, I am so grateful that God has made it so easy for us to have a relationship with Him. We don't have to be perfect, we don't have to say a special chant, don't have to do a number of good things, we don't have to regret our past....we simply have to let Him in to our lives. He's offering a gift, all we have to do is accept it and open it! Wow, He's a good God.

"Confess with your mouth.....believe in your heart...."

Romans 10:9






No comments:

Post a Comment